United Stateds Library Catalogues
- RLG Union Catalog: (HOLLIS–Harvard Only) contains information about more than 45 million books, periodicals, recordings, scores, archival collections, and other kinds of material held in libraries and research institutions.
- WorldCat: (HOLLIS–Harvard Only) Union catalog of records of any type of material cataloged by over 8,000 OCLC member libraries, primarily but not exclusively, from libraries in the United States
- Lib-Web-Cats: A resource of over 4,000 libraries worldwide, providing the URL to web-based library catalogs. Searchable by library name, or geographically by city, state, and country.
- Webcats: Library catalogs indexed geographically and by type.
- World Directory of National Parliamentary Libraries (from the German Parliament): mostly information about the libraries, but links to the catalogues where they exist.
- International Federation of Library Associations: National Libraries includes catalogues and information of all member libraries
- Karlsruhe Virtual Catalog: Allows searching of a number of major German, Austrian and French catalogs simultaneously.
- Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public and International Law: Search the catalog of the Max Planck Institute in Heidelberg.
- Libis: Catalogue of a library consotium from the Belgium which includes both government and academic libraries.
- Bibliothèque nationale de France: Access to the French national library’s catalog.
- System Universitaire de Documentation: Bibliographic information on all types of
documents held by French academic libraries.
- Bibliotheque Cujas (Law Library of the University of Paris)
For resources about indexes, see here.
Other Resources: Directories
- Department of State Country Commercial Guides: Includes appendix with information on in-country and U.S. contacts with phone numbers and addresses.
- Hieros Gamos: An international practice-oriented site; links include dictionaries and bar review information.
- Martindale Hubbell: Provides some information about foreign lawyers