Immigration and Asylum Law
International Instruments (Treaties, Conventions, Protocols, etc)
- International Instruments from Refworld (from the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees)
- United Nations Reports and Resolutions Relating to Migration (International Organization for Migration).
- International Organization for Migration. Aims to be the gateway to migration-related information on the internet. Includes many links to articles on current events. Includes a detailed documents search.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees – sponsors Refworld which includes a searchable database of National Legislation on Refugees, refugee policy in many countries, international instruments, regional instruments, reports and analysis.
- International Committee of the Red Cross: Various topics covered including refugees and displaced persons.
- Refugee Caselaw Site (from University of Michigan School of Law)
- Lois sur la nationalité des pays européens ( Éditions United Settlement )
- Direccion Nacional de Migraciones: Includes laws, publications and contact information.
- Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs: includes a list of relevant laws, as well as much other information.
- Migration Review Tribunal: includes decisions
- Refugee Review Tribunal: includes decisions
- Joint Standing Committee on Migration (from Parliament of Australia): Includes reports and inquiries.
- Commission Permanente de Recours des Réfugiés: Includes caselaw and legislation.
- Immigration and National Registration Department: information, no law.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada: includes laws, publications, information and news.
- Immigration and Refugee Board: includes RefLex, a digest of recent immigration and refugee decisions.
- Ministry of Refugee, Immigration and Integration Affairs: Includes laws and other information in English and Danish, as well as the Aliens Act, statistics and some publications in English.
- Schengen Agreement (from the Europa): In English.
- Migration Affairs (Ministry of Labor).
- Directorate of Immigration: Includes legislation in English, information sheets and news.
- Office des Migrations Internationales: Guides and publications in French.
- Bundesamt fuer Migration und Fluechtlinge (Federal Office for Migration and Refugees).
- Immigration Department of the Special Administrative Region: includes annual report, forms and information but no legal documents.
- Útlendingaeftirlitið (Directorate of Immigration): Includes legislation, statistics, Schengen information and other information in both Engish and Icelandic, with the Icelandic portion of the site being more complete.
- Ministry of Immigrant Absorption (official website).
Korea, Republic of
- Bureau of Immigration (from the Ministry of Justice): Information in English.
- Citizenship and Migration Issues Board (official website).
- Naturalization Board (official website): Includes laws and regulations in English and Latvian, as well as information.
- Immigration Department: informational website.
- Immigration Service: forms and information but no law.
- Refugee Law (from Knowledge Basket): Includes a searchable database of all the leading decisions of New Zealand’s Refugee Status Appeals Authority (RSAA), papers and news.
- Utlendingsdirektoratet: (Norwegian Directorate of Immigration) circulars, and publications in English, along with laws and other information, in Norwegian.
- Immigration and Registration: includes summaries of laws in english.
- Delegacion del Gobierno para la Extranjeria y la Immigracion. Includes information in Spanish.
- Migrationsverket: Includes news and information in Swedish, and information in English.
- Commission Suisse de Recours en Matiere d’Asile (Swiss Asylum Recourse Commission): Includes decisions back to 1993 in all three official languages with abstracts in English for 1999.
- Immigration and Nationality Directorate: includes law and policy information, as well as other materials.
- Asylum and Immigration Tribunal : includes case law, practice directions, court lists and more.
- Immigration and Naturalization Service: site includes laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Office for Refugee Resettlement (from DHHS Administration for Children and Families)
- U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform (from the University of Texas): Created by the Immigration Act of 1990; Dissolved in December 31, 1997. Includes reports, papers and testimony.
- Immigration Collection (from the Department of Labor): Decisions of various administrative bodies on labor issues.
- Center for International and European Law on Immigration and Asylum. Site maintained by the University of Konstanz in Germany. Topics include the relationship between immigration control and human rights and documents on migration law.
- U.S. Committee for Refugees: Includes country reports, statistics, and other information.
- Canadian Council for Refugees: Includes documents, statistics and information about Canadian legislative developments.
- Danish Refugee Council: More information in Danish version.
- European Council on Refugees and Exiles: Includes policy positions and research papers, press releases, statistics and more information.
- Auslander in Deutschland: Includes information about legislation and decisions relating to foreigners, statistics and other information for Germany.
- Flyktningerådet (Norwegian Refugee Council): Includes publications, the Global IDP Project and other information.
- Scottish Refugee Council: Includes news and information.
- Portuguese Refugee Council: Includes legislation, statistics, publications and other information in Portuguese.
- Swiss Refugee Council: Includes policy information, statistics and news in English.
- South African Migration Project: Includes documents, policy briefs and other information.
- Refugee Studies Centre (from University of Oxford): Includes publication of research reports and information.
- Center for Comparative Immigration Studies (from UC San Diego): Includes working paper series and information.
- Virtual Library on Migration and Ethnic Relations: Listing of websites by subject and alphabetically.
- Global IDP Project (from the Norwegian Refugee Council): Comprehensive coverage of internal displacement in fifty countries.
- Findlaw Immigration Law section.
- LII Immigration Law
- Project VISA Country information for visas and embassies worldwide.
- Embassy World Comprehensive world embassy information.