International Intellectual Property Law
International Instruments (Conventions, Treaties, Protocols, etc.)
- Treaties Administered by WIPO (from the WIPO Secretariat)
- Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) (from the WTO)
- WTO-WIPO Cooperation Agreement (from the WTO)
- Agreements on Cultural Property and Copyright and Neighboring Rights (from UNESCO)
- Lexis Intellectual Property Treaties (Filename TREATY)
- Eurasian Patent Convention (from the EAPO)
- European Patent Convention (from the EPO)
- Agreement Relating to Community Patents (from Europa)
- Cultural Protection Treaties and Other International Agreements (Fletcher School at Tufts)
- Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (full-text from Cornell.)
- Eurasian Patent Organization (official website)
- European Patent Office (official website): includes patent databases and news:
- European Union (official website)
- Directorate General for Intellectual and Industrial Property (official website): Includes news, legal instruments and documents from the Commission.
- Intellectual Property (from the Information Society Promotion Office): Includes news and links to legal documents.
- Trade Marks and Design (from the Office for the Harmonization of the Internal Market): Includes decisions and regulations.
- United Nations Educational, Social and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) (official website)
- World Property Organization (official website)
- Documents: Includes documents of meetings and conferences.
- Intellectual Property Digital Library: collections include Madrid, PCT and JOPAL (non-patent reference) data and support fully searchable information retrival.
- UNCAPS (from Information Systems Coordination Committee): bibliographic access to UN System documents including WIPO.
- WorldTradeLaw.net has an entire page digesting WTO Dispute Resolution cases dealing with various section of the TRIPS Agreement.
Collections of Laws
- CLEA – Intellectual Property Laws (from WIPO)
- Collection of National Copyright Laws (from UNESCO)
- Intellectual Property Rights: National Legislation (from the OAS Trade Unit)
- European Intellectual Property Review (on Westlaw EIPR)
- Patent, Trademark and Copyright Periodicals, Combined. on Lexis (JNLS) or see also Intellectual Property Newsletters, Combined. (IPLTR)
- Trademarks Throughout the World 4th ed. (A. Jacobs ed. New York: Trade Activities, 1989-current)looseleaf also published on Westlaw (TMWORLD)
- See relevant Lexis and Westlaw topic groups for much more intellectual property content.
- Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Patent, Copyright and Competition Law (official website)
- International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (official website)
- International Intellectual Property Alliance (official website)
- IP Menu Intellectual property resources by country.
- The International Federation of Industrial Property Attorneys (official website)
- Links to patent and other intellectual property information
resources (from the British Library): Links to major databases.
Note: We linked the resources to archive.org in an effort to decrease the number of broken links cited.